"Punk is Dead" is the nineteenth episode of Forever. It aired on March 31, 2015.
Jo and Isaac Monroe, her handsome, wealthy new suitor, are spending a night out at a punk rock club when a mummified woman's body is found in a wall at the nightspot. It's the team's first cold case. Dead since the early 80's, the victim may have suffered a drug overdose. Punk rocker Eddie Warsaw, her then boyfriend, was convicted of killing her 30 years ago, although he resolutely declared his innocence. Henry empathizes with Eddie as he, too, lost the love of his life, Abigail. He emotionally remembers back to 1984 when Abigail couldn't handle their growing age difference and takes some time away – never to come back to him.
- "They say memories make us who we are., that the past defines us, but we can't forget to grow, evolve, because sometimes a memory can be so powerful that we get stuck in it, frozen in a moment." —Henry
- "Lucas, you're a darling" Henry
- "Take it on me, don't hurt him" - Lucas about Henry
- "Yes, some memories are precious...and we need to hang on to them. But Emily Dickinson wrote, 'Forever is composed of nows,' and she's right. If we root ourselves too deeply in the past, we'll miss what's right in front of us." —Henry as he looks at Jo and seems to realize he has feelings for her
Henry and Lucas go to a club together for the case and get kick out of it.
We learn that detective Hanson was in a band when he was younger. Nobody believes him but he nails an excellent performance at the karaoke bar at the end of the episode.
- Episode recap at Forever official website – archived from the original on December 7, 2015
- Episode at IMDB
- Watch this episode on CW Seed