"Diamonds Are Forever" is the theirteenth episode of Forever. It aired on January 13, 2015.
"Henry and Jo's murder investigation of an ex-con, who is being framed for a jewelry story heist, reveals a special connection between the victim and Jo's late husband, Sean, who was an assistant district attorney. Jo's evocative memories reflect her warm and wonderful relationship with Sean, which become almost too painful for her to bear. Flashbacks trace Henry's life to 1816 London where he ends up in jail. Incredibly, a priest, who is his cell mate, gives Henry a second chance at life. Meanwhile, Abe attempts to snare a thief who he believes walked off with a "priceless" antique from his store, and Henry is there to comfort Jo in her time of distress."
- Shane McRae as Detective Hugh Dunn
- Andy Karl as Sean Moore
- Roger Rees as Priest
- Megan Tusing as Celia Brown
- Tyler Elliot Burke as Aaron Brown
- Tom Alan Robbins as Phil Fleishman
- Jacob Goodhart as Tattooed Kid
- "It is often when one least expects it that fate arrives at our door. We can't foresee it any more than we can escape it. No matter how hard we run or hide, fate, like death, will always find us." —Henry
- "Must be hard. I mean, not the gum. Seeing him. Feels like it's real for a moment, like you can talk to him." —Henry
- "Silence isn't a gift that I was given. Jo, I've seen a lot of death, in all its forms -- coronary disease, gunshot wounds, blunt-force trauma, exsanguinations, strangulations. What kills you is not what causes your heart to stop beating. It's what prevents you from living. You have to deal with Sean's death someday." —Henry
- "Fate can be cruel. A minute here, a minute there, and lives can be lost. But fate also gives us moments of impossible grace...moments in time when we come together and connect in a way that is profound...chance occurrences so precious that they almost make one believe in the divine, that there is someone out there looking after us." —Henry
Jo lives in the fancy neighborhood of Washington Heights (she seems to have moved elsewhere later on [ep 21]) because that's what her husband wanted.
Jo puts her life into Henry's hands as she's in a life-threatening situation with their perpetrator. He guides her into the road to save her.
We learn that Jo and Sean went into a fight a day before he died and that she seems to feel guilty about this.
Henry comforts Jo about her late husband as they share a tender moment on the stairs of her house in Washington Heights.
- Episode recap at Forever official website – archived from the original on September 17, 2015
- Episode at IMDB
- Watch this episode on CW Seed